The primary responsibility of the Clinical Education Specialist (CES) is to support our initiatives within Japan to provide clinicians (primarily surgeons and surgical residents) with seminars and hands-on training opportunities that meet their educational needs and that align with the focus of Applied Medical.
Specifically, the CES coordinates all aspects of the hands-on training programs that we support in areas such as: transanal surgery, hand-assisted surgery, single-incision surgery, and basic laparoscopic skills. The CES provides support during cadaveric, porcine, and simulation courses.
Place in the Organization:
The CES works closely with local Sales Management, Clinical Development, Clinical Education, Branding, Customer Service and RA/QA. The Clinical Education Specialist reports to the Clinical Education Manager directly who reports to Clinical Development and Branding Director.
- Identify and prioritize the training needs of our customers and support the development and implementation of appropriate training strategies/plans
- Build relationships with surgeons and societies that Applied Medical can partner with to deliver high-quality training
- Work closely with local distributors and the field team to assist them to meet their objectives via educational programs
- Manage all aspects of the training courses that we offer, specifically:
- Select the candidates for faculty
- Identify appropriate training facilities
- In collaboration with the course faculty, develop the course agenda and selection criteria for participants
- In collaboration with the Clinical Education and Branding team in the home office, prepare any materials (e.g. brochures) or agreements needed
- Provide technical support to the faculty and participants during the course
- Provide training/guidance to any non-CE team members that will be supporting the course
- Help define and implement the necessary training tools/models
- Analyze the effectiveness of our training initiatives and provide senior management with regular updates and recommendations
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the relevant surgical procedures and productsHelp ensure that spending stays within the limits of the CE budget